Cost of Living in Jakarta City Of Indonesia In 2021-22

I think it is amazing to live in Indonesia.

We'll be telling my three main reasons why I love living in Jakarta, Indonesia. But let's go ahead and jump into the expenses.

That's right. Guys, please smash that like Bunyah if you like this video so this guy can get out of here. You don't feel like, you know, let's start by looking into my biggest expense first, which is, of course, rent. This is where I live. It's called South Hills Apartments, including in is probably the best place to live right now for ex-pats in Jakarta or anyone in general.

I simply love this place for three main reasons. Many of my best friends live here. I'm two minutes away from my gym inside the building and on weekends I feel like I can go on vacation but in my own backyard. So the expenses I will be covering in this video are based on the month of November. I've been tracking through all of my expenses and calculated them so you can get a view of how much it cost on average to live an ex-pat lifestyle here in Jakarta.

So the total price per month for my rent is eleven hundred and seventy-six dollars for a one-bedroom apartment. My utilities, they usually around 70, 71 bucks for rent, including utilities, add up to twelve hundred and forty-seven dollars for the month of November, which is seventeen million four hundred eighty-four thousand rupiahs. My second biggest expense is food and I always order my groceries online with a company called Go Fresh, Go Fresh. They will save so much time going to the supermarket, they deliver it straight here. I will just be ordering from my computer and they even have promotions that allow me to save money every time I buy there. So I use always happy fresh for all of my groceries for takeaway. I usually use the app go check, which is without a doubt the most popular here for takeaway. It's super easy to use and they have promotions as well. So whenever I order, I usually get two boxes of rice, two boxes of chicken for dinner, and that will only set me back at three point two dollars for that meal. Can I get I'll do a whole new level up? So all the expenses on food for November add up to three hundred and seventy-six dollars and eighty cents or five million. One hundred and fifty-six thousand rupiahs. Then we have shopping expenses.

I usually don't shop a lot, but if I do, I use Expedia, which is kind of like the Amazon in Indonesia. There are millions of products, there's a lot of different sellers which push down the price and it's super easy to use. And in November I bought some minor camera equipment which added up to a total of one hundred and fifty-four dollars or two million, one hundred and sixty thousand rupiah.

I love Togba Pedia and it's so easy here in Indonesia. I honestly order something right now on a Saturday and I can have it delivered in two hours. So they're delivering with Golgi. So it's basically just the guy on a scooter bringing you your camera, your laptop, whatever. It's so smart and it's so fast. Then for some of the minor expenses, we have the following categories we have Internet. I spend November thirty-one dollars and forty-five cents on gas for my motorcycle. I spend six dollars and ninety-two cents. That's roughly only one tank of gas then cell phone plan. I spend five dollars and seventy-two cents. Protein powder. Thirty-two dollars and twenty-two cents for my cleaning lady.

I paid forty-two dollars and seventy-nine cents and then I have ATM withdrawals which are money that I'm actually not really sure what I spend it on, but it adds up to one hundred and seventy-one dollars and 17 cents. So before we get into the total amount, I just want to keep you in mind. Insurance is paid for by my company. So travel insurance, health insurance is not included in this transportation due to working from home. It's not included either.

Normally I would spend fifty-seven dollars if I go to the office and back five days a week for flights for travel. I didn't travel in the month of November, so there are no expenses for that either. Included normally a round trip from Jakarta to Bali, though, will set you back roughly seventy-one dollars. It doesn't include parties, nightclubs, bars. I don't go out a lot and in the month of November, I can go out at all actually. So zero expenses on that account. So that brings all in all my expenses for the month of November to two thousand and fifty-nine dollars or twenty-eight million 869 thousand rupiahs.

I do believe that my average will be on a regular month, probably closer to 2500 dollars. But I will say you get a lot of good lifestyle for anything between two thousand dollars to three thousand dollars. What before we hit this article-wise, I just think it's important to mention. Besides the cheap cost of living, why it is I think it's absolutely awesome to live in Jakarta, number one, they have the friendliest people in the entire world. I've traveled to a lot of different places in my life, but I've never been to a country where the people are as friendly and as welcoming as the Indonesian people. You never see anyone yelling on the street fighting being impolite in public. They're always smiling. They're spreading that good energy. And no matter where I go, I never feel unsafe. And people, they always help me if I've lost my way and I need help. Number two, it is Negara Chantay banging and with endless opportunities and things to explore.

There are 275 million people in this country. They have seventeen thousand five hundred is different islands you can visit. All religions here are accepted. So there is a difference in cultures and traditions in all parts of Indonesia, which is huge. The climate is always warm, the nature is so vast, so beautiful. And as soon as you get outside of the major cities, you have beaches, you have waterfalls, you have jungles, you have mountains.

There are endless things to explore here. So I can basically go to a new place every weekend and follow the ex-pats or future ex-pats that might be watching this video. Our producer has a special message you would like to bring to you today. It's so important that if you move to a new country that you respect and you adopt this new country's culture and ways of living, you cannot come to a new country and expect them to live exactly the same way as you did in your own country. Honestly, the worst thing is when I hear ex-pats complaining about Jakarta again and again and again. I mean, if you don't like to live here, then you don't have to. If you like it, fantastic. But if you don't, there are plenty of other places you can live. And then some people might say, But Chris, don't you ever complain yourself.

Of course, I complain. Sometimes it's impossible to be a happy chappy all day long. No, but still, I try to emphasize as often as possible why I love Indonesia. But I guess that is it for today's video. Thank you so much for watching. If you have any comments, good or bad, put them in the box down below. Make sure to smash that like button and subscribe if you haven't already. And if you have any suggestions as to what article I should make next, you can text me in the comment. And I think there's nothing else to say, but I hope you enjoyed it and until next time.